One day you’ll get to fight somebody, Kyoya. One day.
- My word but that chapter sure went by quickly. *_* I got to the last page and was clicking for more and there was no more and I was just like, “NO WAY, THIS ISN’T RIGHT.” Then I went back and counted the pages before it and somehow there actually were 17 pages in this chapter but it seriously does not feel like it. ??
- A+ to Tsuna lecturing his dad on how not to be a douche. “DAD. WE COULD HAVE DIED. THIS IS NOT FUN FAMILY BONDING.” Seriously, Iemitsu’s fundamental inability to grasp this is nothing short of awe-inspiring to me by this point. Someday he’ll have that lightbulb moment at last. He’ll be in bed with Nana and he’ll be like, “Nana, Tsuna and I were fighting to the death today and he seemed upset and I just don’t… wait… unless… oh—oh god, wait a sec, am I… AM I A HORRIBLE PERSON, OMG” and IT WILL ALL FINALLY CLICK.
- But in the meantime, bonus points for Tsuna chiding his dad for violence mere pages after attempting to BLOW UP HIS FATHER’S FACE seriously lol what the fuck. SHOUNEN~~
- (Not that Iemitsu doesn’t deserve it.)
- THE BIKE. What else is there to say about that, except. YES.
- WE LIKE BIKE.
- (Was it Yamamoto’s idea for once to blow themselves up, for once? Was I reading that right? Oh God.)
- VARIA. Okay, so I was going through the KHR tag on the ol' tumblr and saw that a few people were upset about Fon beating half the squad in like 30 seconds, but honestly, I don’t understand the fuss. It was Levi and Lussuria for heaven’s sake. Luss was beaten by Ryohei back when Ryohei was still an adorable little greenhorn, and Levi lost to Gokudera back in the days when Gokudera winning a fight was just… just a thing unheard of. In the grand scheme of things, they are really not that strong, let’s face it. As for Bel, he was only beaten on a technicality… and oh yes, this was fucking Fon who did the beating for all three of these guys, so given that HE’S AN ARCOBALENO, maybe everyone should just… relax a little. You know. Just take five. XD
- Speaking of Fon, I really liked the fake-out at the end of the chapter; it legit fooled me for once (although in hindsight I should have expected it, since Amano can hardly go a chapter without wowing everyone with another fabulously pretty decursified Arco. MAMMON, YOU’RE NEXT, YOUR TIME IS NIGH). And Hibari’s face on the last page is priceless. As is Fon’s marvelously trollsome cockblocking. “HERP DERP IT LOOKED LIKE YOU NEEDED HELP… 8D … SO…!”
- Hibari’s track record in this arc so far:
VS YAMAMOTO, RYOHEI, AND GOKUDERA
- DEFEATS RYOHEI IN TWO SECONDS AND THEN YAMA AND DERA FUCKING RUN AWAY
- NOTHING EVEN HAPPENED?? DINO WHERE DID YOU EVEN GO
- BABY JUST… GROWS BIGGER ALL OF A SUDDEN AND STARTS FUCKING DEFEATING EVERYBODY.
HIBARI KYOYA: NOT A HAPPY CAMPER.
- At this rate he’ll break his own damn watch out of spite and then go off and attack everyone anyway, and they’ll all be like, “HIBARI NO YOU HAVE TO STOP YOUR WATCH IS BROKEN” and he will pay them absolutely no mind because Hibari Kyoya fucking makes his own rules, and then they’ll realize that THERE’S NO STOPPING HIM and everyone will basically just shit themselves because they don’t even make euphemisms for being that screwed.
- So Team Uni is down, and clearly Teams Reborn, Verde, and Colonnello are in the clear here… so who’s the other team that’s going down in this round? Unless it turns out to be Team Skull for NO REASON (“WHOOPS, WE LOST TO… NO ONE, APPARENTLY… UNLESS THAT’S WHERE DINO WENT?”), we are basically guaranteed that either Hibari or Xanxus is going down in the next chapter.
(Crossposted to tumblr, LJ, and DW.)
Can’t wait. :D